donderdag 4 juni 2009

DIRK SCHMIDT


Name: Dirk Schmidt
Age: 31
Residence: Rotterdam
Education: After finishing the mavo I tried the graphic design school but ended up in coffeeshops during the day, at house parties during the night and in the football stadium in the weekends ... thats about all I remember.
Work History: I started off on my 22nd with a internal education at an artist impression agency (architectual paintings) and they gave me the opportunity to start my own business, I soon found out that aquarel painting wasn't my thing.

In 2002 DLVS (http:www.dlvs.nl) gave me the opportunity of a lifetime to start scan stuff and make coffee in an internship kind of way ... remember that this was without an education and I'm still very thankfull for that. Mark de Leeuw and Monique van Steenbergen are still in my opinion the key people of where I am today. At DLVS I became a graphic designer and had the chance to get involved with mainly fashion clients. At this agency I participated in the whole communication route, from photogaphy to the bochure design, and later on also the prints of the fashion label BadaBing!

After seven years at DLVS I felt that it was time to move on in my career and develop more web- design and usability skills. Nonverbaal (http://www.nonverbaal.nl) is where I still work today.

In my spare time I started my own company 'ziek' (http://www.molligepolsen.nl) For me this is an important way to be creative in other fields of interest, this ranges from photoshoots (one with Daisy van den Bosch, mentioned earlier this blog) to graphic design to dj'ing and recently producing music.

Producing electro is definitely my newest addiction, thanks to producer Boris Ross it's possible to translate our ideas into a product ... BUT. enough about that because we didn't release anything yet and the tracks aren't even mastered. STILL. You get the first preview of two tracks on your blog (YEEEEE)



Employer: Nonverbaal
Activities: blogging (very little lately), football, designing, dj'ing, producing, art direction, party organising, party, kent, absolut.
Freelance Activities: Well there is something I didn't mention, there's a venue in Rotterdam where the owner asked me to do a party. A place where 4 warehouses are connected together but I'm forced to delay it unfortunately due to the other stuff I'm doing right now - more of that soon (I hope)
Projects: in order of importance:
* master the tracks
* webdesign and development for 3 artists and ourselves
* presspictures for the new formation
* flyer for the acting academy Amsterdam
* a lot of flash banners for 'the travel media group'
* continue on that party concept (with my good friend robbie)
* set up a new myspace page
About Me: This is a good section to mention my girlfriend Elke who is the driving force behind the concept of not being narrow minded, meaning; get everything out of your talents, she is my biggest inspiration ever and she helps me a lot with writing and concepts and tons of other things.

Well ... I'm Dirk and I think humor is important, bye!


1 opmerking: