woensdag 10 juni 2009

MONIKA BLAZEVIC


Name: Monika Blazevic
Age: Just turned 19
Residence: Amsterdamsqaux
Education: ROC Mode & Techniek, can’t wait till Art Academy
Employer: Moi, designers and photographers
Activities: Designing, sewing, drawing, connecting, Twittering, partying…

Freelance Activities: In the past I did a lot of styling for different designers and photographers such as Mada van Gaans and Marlies Sluijter

Projects: The last show that I had was a battle at the same time called the MAF Fashion Battle, I made a. awesome collection in 1 month and won the damn battle too! Besides the fact that I also made some clothes for the VAgE gASTEN, I’m working on my second collection at the moment…
About Me: As a little girl I always watched my grandma making clothes. When I just turned 6 I made a bikini out of paper (sitting behind the sewing machine was too dangerous..)! When I went to High School I was very interested in the classes Textiles and Drawing. When I turned 14 a friend of mine asked if I wanted to make a dress for her for the school party, of course I would! From there on I began making my clothes and since last summer I have my own clothing label which is called MNK.BLZVC.
Now I´m working on my second collection which will also get its own show in September (drums please) and I’m working hard to get my clothes in shops this summer.
My inspiration? Everywhere baby, look around you, how can you not get inspired by Amsterdam? Every day is a new and fresh day to get only more experience out of it…

Photo’s by Marlies Sluijter.
And oh yeah, read my interview at:
http://www.mconline.nl/#/mixincreativity/special/mnkblzvc

7 opmerkingen: